Ep 18: New kit debuts
Welcome to Little Skein & the Big Stash, hosted by Anne and Stacie. We both make yarn, and knitting kits, and really wonderful products to enliven your crafting time. This is our monthly podcast where we share what we’re knitting and give you a peek behind the scenes at what it’s like to run a microbusiness. And, because we connect with lots of other small business owners, we share our perspectives on some of the topics that are influencing the knitting and craft world.
Everything about our podcast is here on our YouTube channel. You can chat with us below, or on Instagram, or in one of our Ravelry groups.
In this episode, Stacie’s knitting mojo has returned and she has lots of knitting to share and she shows off all the colors for the new Must Stash Worsted Sock Arms kit, pattern by @tellybeanknits. Anne shows her finished Birkin and talks about her steeking process. There are new dog stories and a quick preview of holiday happenings in both the Must Stash and Little Skein studios.
Anne is wearing her Birkin sweater knit from a Barrett Wool Co kit, and Stacie is wearing her Sock Arms from a Must Stash Yarn kit.
Must Stash shop: https://muststashshop.com/
Little Skein shop: https://www.littleskein.com/
Anne on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/littleskeinanne/
Stacie on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/muststashyarn/
Anne’s Ravelry group: https://www.ravelry.com/groups/knitalong-with-little-skein
Stacie’s Ravelry group: https://www.ravelry.com/groups/must-stash
WHAT WE’RE KNITTING
Patterns we mention
- Coffee Talk by Tracie Millar: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/coffee-talk-2
- Birkin by Caitlin Hunter: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/birkin-3
Anne’s preferred steek process:
- Crochet steek tutorial by Kate Davies: https://katedaviesdesigns.com/2012/04/29/steeks-2-reinforcing-and-cutting/
- Knitmore Girls grosgrain ribbon tutorial: https://vimeo.com/11211190
- Hidden Falls wrap: https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hidden-falls
WEAVING IN ENDS
Thanks for feedback on business side of show ! We will keep tailoring what we talk about based on what you want to hear.
IT’S A DOG’S LIFE
Duke perches on the couch to watch the neighborhood, and Anne shares Molly’s take on Halloween.
IN THE STUDIO
In the shop now:
- Halfsie Winter collection
- Worsted Sock Arms kits
- Seasonal colorways
- Anne shares some of what she’s learning about branding and talks about the revised “about section of the Little Skein website.
- New schedule for shop updates: first Saturday of the month.
- Anne also shares some yarn color development.
- Preview pics of Little Women shawl kit are at the end of the episode (36:55)